Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Blog

So, despite being extremely busy in my 2b term as an engineer undergrad at UW, I have decided to procrastinate my lab report further and start a chess club blog.
I figured it would be a good place to document any of the things that are happening and also post some links of chess interest or to just provide me with another source of distraction.

Thanks to all members new and old who have showed up so far this term. It has been a hectic fall and there has been much debate over good meeting times. Of course it will be difficult to find a good time for everyone but we're trying to work something out.

This term Maylin and I are both at school and we have agreed to run the club together. Not much going on right now but I'd like to turn everyone's heads towards:

http://www.kwchessclub.com/schedule.html
Once again, KW chess club is hosting the oktoberfest chess tournament in kitchener. If anyone is interested, then feel free to sign up!

As for our own tournament, there is one coming up and I am working the details out on that. One reason I started this blog is so that I can hopefully post the pairings and results up somewhere for everyone to see.

I guess it's about time I get back to work. Hope to see more chess players come out this term.

Thanks,
Alfonso

No comments:

Post a Comment