Friday, November 25, 2011

Puzzle Challenge 2



The white knight is on a mission to capture all 5 queens in as few moves as possible. Black Queens do not move. The trick? The white knight can only go onto spaces not guarded by a queen. When the white knight captures, it becomes invincible. For example: Nxd4 is a valid move but Nxd4 and then Nf5 would be invalid since the Q on f6 guards f5. How fast can the White Knight complete his mission? Write down your name and # of moves.
PS. This “style” of chess puzzle is taken from the Scholarmate magazine for kids and I like their fun and novel approach to chess tactics.


I believe I have the solution, but there were many people claiming faster white knights. If you think you have a faster solution, please let me know!!

As of Nov 25th, Kit has found a better solution than mine!
[Show Solution By Clicking Here]

3 comments:

  1. Kit B. 16 moves.

    Should I post the solution...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please e-mail, or fb msg it to me, so I can verify?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 moves. I made some invalid moves to get 16. ^_^'

    ReplyDelete